If you’re looking to make a delicious and easy snack, then look no further than cheesy garlic bread in an air fryer. This tasty treat only takes a few minutes to prepare and can easily be customized to your liking by varying the amount of cheese or garlic used.
Impressing your friends with a restaurant-worthy appetizer has never been easier. All it takes are some simple ingredients and an air fryer! Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to make cheesy garlic bread in an air fryer. Fabrice Refay will also mention the method for cheesy garlic bread baked in the oven, so keep reading!
How to make cheesy garlic bread in an air fryer
- Italian bread can also be used in place of French bread.
- Salted butter that has been softened; if you only have unsalted butter, simply add a few pinches of salt and combine. For the best flavor, use real butter instead of margarine or a substitute.
- Because it’s easy to combine evenly with the butter, we prefer dried garlic powder. One substantial clove of freshly chopped garlic should suffice. Just mince it to make it into smaller pieces.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper
- It’s best to use your favorite cheese, such as cheddar or Italian-style shredded cheese. However, mozzarella and parmesan are also acceptable.
- Fresh parsley, sliced
- an air fryer
- sharp knife
- a tiny mixing bowl
How to make cheese garlic bread in the air fryer? Below is the process.
Step 1: In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder, varieties of cheese, salt, and pepper.
Step 2: To make two long pieces, cut the bread in half lengthwise. Spread the butter, garlic, and cheese mixture all over each piece.
Step 3: You might need to cut the bread pieces to fit the air fryer, depending on their size. They might need to be toasted in groups as well.
Step 4: The bread pieces should be toasted in the air fryer for five minutes at 400°F.
Step 5: When the bread is finished baking, slice it into smaller pieces, top it with parsley, and serve it hot and crispy right away!
Garlic cheese bread recipe air fryer tips:
- Lay your bread slices in a single layer and make sure they’re not touching, so that the air fryer has enough room to circulate hot air. This will give it an irresistibly crunchy exterior with a soft inside—perfect for garlic bread!
- By cooking the food for a shorter period of time—around 3 minutes—it will create a softer outer layer. However, if you’d prefer your food to be golden and crisp on the outside, leave it in the oven or pan for about 5 minutes!
- Cheddar that has just been grated melts much better.
- When air frying, keep an eye out. Keep checking after three minutes, and when it is golden enough for you to eat, remove it.
- If making in an oven, move the garlic bread to the top rack and turn only the upper grill on for 2 minutes.
- Wait a few minutes before cutting into it while serving it warm.
Why the cheesy garlic bread will appeal to you
- Making cheesy garlic bread in the air fryer is simple. All you need is bread, cheese, butter, and a few spices from the pantry.
- It’s easy to customize. We love it with mozzarella cheese; however, you can also use cheddar or any other melted cheese variety that suits your preference.
- When you don’t have enough room in your oven to bake lasagna or another type of baked pasta dish, the air fryer is here to save the day! This kitchen appliance simplifies mealtime by saving space and offering a convenient alternative.
- The exquisite taste of this cheese bread will make your mouth water—velvety and supple on the inside, light and crunchy on the outside. It’s truly an incomparable treat!
- Moreover, you don’t have to keep this air fryer garlic bread recipe exclusively for Italian nights. After sampling it once, I guarantee that it will become your go-to side dish because of how excellently it complements so many entrees.
What kinds of bread should you use for cheesy garlic bread?
The French loaf and French baguette are the two best choices. They are both substantial and can withstand the cheese and butter, and they both have chewy crusts that crisp up nicely in the air fryer. Fresh bread has a softer texture, while day-old bread has a nice crispy and chewy texture that is perfect for garlic bread.
Does the air fryer require preheating?
There’s no need to prepare anything in advance for this recipe. All you have to do is put the bread into your air fryer basket and cook it for five minutes, or until light golden brown.
Cheesy garlic bread baked in the oven
You can still bake this garlic bread if you don’t have an air fryer.
Step 1: Turn the oven on to 375°F. Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
Step 2: According to the aforementioned directions, make garlic butter and bread.
Step 3: Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes!
Step 4: Once removed from the oven, delicately top each slice with a thin sheet of mozzarella cheese. Allow for 10 minutes more in the oven to melt and achieve optimal deliciousness. Alternately, broil on high heat for 2–5 minutes to create a golden masterpiece with browned edges that begs to be eaten!
Step 5: Once the oven-baked cheesy garlic bread has finished baking, top it with a sprinkle of dried cilantro and parsley. Serve while still warm for maximum flavor; enjoy!
The proper way to keep extra garlic bread
Once cooled, swiftly store your leftovers in a sealed container and refrigerate them for optimal freshness for up to 3–4 days.
If you’re looking for a different way to store your leftover bread, freezing it is an effective option! Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and freeze them until solid. Then pop them into an airtight container in the freezer—they’ll stay fresh for up to six months!
Perfectly reheating garlic bread in an air fryer
How to reheat garlic bread in an air fryer? Reheat cheesy garlic bread in your air fryer at 350°F until you can smell garlic and see melted cheese on crusty bread.
Make your leftovers come to life by reheating them in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The cheese will be melted and the bread will be warmed through, even if it was previously frozen!
Craft a meal your family will love by serving garlic bread fresh and hot! It’s the perfect accompaniment to both pasta and soup dinners, or even as an afternoon snack for kids. Add some ketchup on top for extra fun—they’ll be begging you for more!
This cheesy garlic bread is perfect as a side or an appetizer with marinara sauce or your favorite condiment!
FAQs How to make cheesy garlic bread in an air fryer
How long does air-fried garlic bread with sliced bread take?
In just 10 minutes, you can experience garlic bread that is delightfully crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside thanks to an air fryer.
How can cheese toast be made in an air fryer?
Place two pieces of bread on the grill and cook until lightly toasted. Once one side is ready, layer it with cheese and finish grilling both sides together.
How do you cook Trader Joe’s Brazilian cheese bread in the air fryer?
Brazilian cheese-filled bread is an absolute delight in my family. Get ready to hit the jackpot of cheesy goodness: simply put your ingredients into the air fryer basket, and wait five minutes as it cooks at 320°F. Enjoy!
How should frozen cheese bread be prepared?
Can you cook frozen garlic bread in an air fryer? Heating Instructions for a Crispy Crust: Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the desired number of frozen bread slices flat on an ungreased baking sheet in the center rack of the oven. Bake for 5–6 minutes, or until completely warmed through. If you’d like a crispier crust, broil them on high heat for 30 seconds or until golden brown after baking.
Cooking cheesy garlic bread in an air fryer couldn’t be easier. This is a quick and healthier way to turn plain bread into a tasty snack or meal accompaniment than deep-frying. If you pay attention to the temperature settings and cook all components evenly, you won’t regret trying this tasty treat.
So why not take an extra few minutes today to whip up some air-fried cheesy garlic bread for your family or guests? Banksstreetbarandgrill.com hopes our guide on how to make cheesy garlic bread in an air fryer has been helpful and informative.